Fall is here and it is time to get your home ready for the colder months coming! Here are a few ideas to help you get started:
- Clean or possibly replace your gutter system. This can help keep drainage away from your foundation.
- Store outdoor furniture away. Keep your possessions looking new by properly storing them.
- Drain outdoor faucets. Prevent frozen pipes.
- Fertilize your lawn. Keep your lawn lush.
- Repair and seal damaged or exposed wood, brickwork, and shingles. The most moisture exposure happens with winter snows.
- Change batteries in smoke alarms and security systems. Always a good thing to do about every 6 months.
- Check for air leaks throughout your home; recaulk, or replace weather stripping. This can help with your heating bill if you properly seal any drafts that you find.